Who We Are
The Objects of the Group are to:
- Facilitate and encourage exchange between members to research the history and genealogy, ancient and modern, of the Stedman family, with the intent of building friendships between members and a growing pool of knowledge about the Stedman family.
- Foster kinship, establish friendships, and rekindle relationships.
- Promote the family and organise Family Gatherings.
- Membership shall be open to all those of Stedman descent, their partners, and to all those wishing to promote the objectives of the Group.
- All members shall pay an annual membership fee or subscription. The elected Committee shall set the annual membership fee, which shall be approved either at the Group’s Gathering or by vote, conducted in the most efficient and encompassing manner. This fee shall be set so that income and expenditure are in balance.
- Membership shall cover members of a household. All communication will be sent to the person nominated as the contact point. The contact point will cast the vote for their membership when voting is called for.
Under its Constitution, the business of the Stedman Cousins is managed by a Committee comprising a President, Secretary, Treasurer, Genealogist and Historian.
Information about members of the Committee is available here: Committee
- The Stedman Cousins is the sole owner of the information published on this web site.
- Duplication is not permitted without prior written consent.
- All information on this web site is copyright by the Stedman Cousins.
101 Pheasant Rise
Cambridge, CB23 8SB
We only gather information we need to serve you better and will not, without your consent, sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement except in cases where in good faith we believe that the law requires us to do so, it is necessary to protect Stedman Cousins rights and/or property, or if circumstances necessitate acting to protect the personal safety of staff or of the public.
The Constitution of Stedman Cousins is available here: Constitution